Make sure your enclosed van and trailer drivers comply with cargo securement regulations.
Safely getting cargo from Point A to Point B is no game; it's serious business. J. J. Keller's Dry Van Cargo Securement, Second Edition addresses the requirements of FMCSR §392.9 and 393. It covers ...
* proper securement techniques
* working load limit and aggregate working load limit standards
* determining the number of tiedowns
* when to re-examine and adjust cargo
Other topics covered in this program include pre-trip inspection, cargo distribution, securement devices, re-checking cargo, personal safety, and more. The program includes two animated scenarios:
* How to load cargo so the center of gravity stays low and why this is important
* How to determine the number of tiedowns needed based on the length of items being secured.
The following training tools are included in this training program:
* (1) 18-minute, closed-captioned video - Available on DVD (with extra bonus features) or VHS, the program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
* (1) Instructor's Guide - Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most of each training session.
* (11) Driver Handbooks - Include a driver receipt page. Review key points and include a quiz to check trainees’ understanding of the material.
* (1) Wallet Card Sheet - Perforated to provide 10 cards for drivers to verify that they've received training.
* (2) Awareness Posters - Hang in a break room or training area to remind drivers that the rules are in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. View the Know How and When to Use Securement Devices and Cargo Securement is All About Trust posters.
* (1) Trainer Tools CD-ROM - Provides supplementary information, including content for transparencies and handouts, answer keys, clip art, posters, a training log, which can be used as-is, customized, or imported into PowerPoint® presentations. The minimum computer system requirements for the Trainer Tools CD-ROM are Office 2000, with Word, and Internet Explorer version 5.5. (CD-ROM not sold separately.)